Why should you be thinking about using email in your marketing mix? Why use a platform that everyone considers a necessary evil?
For most businesses, if executed correctly, email remains one of the best platforms to add value to your prospect, client or affiliate and to your organization. However, like many tools, the effectiveness of the tool is only determined by the capability of the user.
Here are some things you should be thinking about when using email:
- Am I telling a story where the user plays a role and actually cares about what I'm saying or am I just giving them information?
- Do I have the RIGHT people on my list?
- Does my message match my audience?
- Am I sending too many emails or not enough?
- Am I adding value to their lives or am I always talking about myself and asking them to do stuff?